Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get my RC model featured?
We will have a Model Runway contest for every issue of Radio Community SA and the selected winner will have their RC aircraft featured in the magazine and will also be added to the gallery of winners on the Radio Community SA website.
So how can I enter?
When a new issue is in the process of being compiled, we will have a dedicated web-page for the contest where RC pilots will be afforded the chance to submit photos of their favourite RC aircraft that they own.
- You must own the RC model you are submitting to the contest.
- Images submitted should be in either jpeg or png formats.
- Images uploaded should not be larger than 2MB per image.
- Only one model can be entered per entry.
- Only a maximum of five images per model is allowed.
- A minimum of three images is required.
- Images supplied should strictly consist of RC models.
- You are welcome to supply a photo of yourself alongside the RC model you are submitting.
How to improve your chances of winning:
- Submit high-resolution photos of your RC model.
- Provide different angles of your RC model.
- Provide an action shot of your RC model.
- Submit five images of your RC model.
- Provide clear and good quality photos.
Entries That Won’t Be Considered:
- If less than three images are submitted.
- If the images supplied are downloaded from the internet i.e. manufacturer images.
- If blurry and unclear images are submitted.
- If you do not own the model you submitted.
- If the images are submitted in the wrong file format.
Consider subscribing to our newsletter to be notified of contests and when new issues are available.
Can I become a writer for the magazine or website?
The answer is, absolutely yes.
If you feel up to the task to write for Radio Community SA on a voluntary basis, we would love to have you on board.
Send us your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get in touch.
How can I share a story?
Radio Community SA is a community-based publication and what that means is, the magazine and online articles are written by RC pilots around South Africa. If you have a story that you’d like to share in the magazine or online, whether it’s funny or sad, entertaining or educational, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Do you have a story about something in your RC collection that has beaten its expiration date?
Send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org and your story might get featured in the magazine.
I have a great DIY tip I want to share
If you got a good DIY tip that you want to share with your fellow RC pilots, we would love to hear about it.
Contact us at email@example.com
I want to contribute
Being a non-profit publication at this stage, it’s not easy to get all the research and writing done while working an 8-5 job.
We need writers, journos, photographers and research to help this publication grow into something all South African RC pilots can be proud of.
If you have other skills outside of the above mentioned that you think can benefit this publication or if you want to contribute in another way, you are also welcome to get in touch with us.
You can also support Radio Community through PayPal and Pateon: